eData: Streamlining HR Operations with 'Neo People'

Juan Carlos Namis, CEO, eDataJuan Carlos Namis, CEO
In a small country like Belize, businesses mostly start with focusing on the needs of people within the region. eData was no different when it embarked on its journey of delivering innovative solutions to local clients. While most companies concentrate on the markets of the U.S., UK, or Canada, eData started its business fulfilling the needs of clients in its home ground. The company was conceptualized with the idea of creating an internet registry for the country in 2000. Eventually, it began to offer software development services and developed point of sales and accounting applications. The company has evolved significantly over the years and today offers Neo People, a cloud-based human resource management system (HRMS). The end-to-end HR solution manages the entire employee lifecycle from pre-hire to retire, and provides a consistent experience on any device, anywhere, anytime. Neo People is an easy-to-use self-service platform that allows employees and HR managers to serve themselves.

For example, some companies have offices worldwide but their HR department is centralized. In such cases, they need an efficient solution to streamline the operations and equip employees with access to the HR system from anywhere. Neo People enables employees to apply for a vacation, sick leave, or manage payroll and allows them to interact with the HR department from any location. The eData clients reap these benefits and streamline their HR operations using the cost-effective HRMS solution.
Additionally, while Neo People can be fully customized to fit the client’s specific needs, other companies offer generic applications that often require additional resources in order to be able to use them. “An application should have up to 90 percent of common features for everybody, and the other 10 percent should be customizable for the clients,” says Juan Carlos Namis, CEO of eData. Some companies use that customization by providing an extension that programmers can use and modify the system, but in such instances, the technical professionals need to know how the system works in order to change it. eData thus started by developing its HRMS not only considering the needs of clients in Belize but also looking at other best practices worldwide from the top providers of HRMS along with developers’ needs. The company combined all these best practices into one, offering it to clients that were ready to engage with eData by customizing their solution.

With sound technical knowledge and teaching experience at the University of Belize, Namis understands his clients’ needs and also assists his employees in learning about the customer needs. He guides his employees to be technically adept and exposes them to new technologies that they need to exploit. Such a learning environment proves significant for the eData team to address the customers’ requirements better.

“More and more companies now want to use our application, and we thus look forward to going beyond the needs of the local clients in Belize by expanding regionally into the Caribbean and internationally into the US and other markets,” reveals Namis. eData is seeking opportunities to work with partners outside Belize who can promote the sales and marketing of its product. “We want to make HRMS our flagship product. At this moment, we have integrated technology with biometrics but do not have an app for a smartphone, and thus, it’s next on our roadmap,” confirms Namis. eData envisions creating a single solution enabling its clients to use one application for all their needs be it accounting or customer relationship management (CRM). By the end of this year, the company plans to build different modules of the application, allowing businesses to store their data in a single repository and have a 360-degree view of their operations.